Sunday, May 18, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
“Acute exposure to styrene in humans results in respiratory effects, such as mucous membrane irritation, eye irritation, and gastrointestinal effects” -Environmental Protection Agency
Styrofoam is “possibly carcinogenic to humans” -World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer
Styrofoam cup takes 500 years to decompose. -University of Washington
“In the categories of energy consumption, greenhouse gas effect, and total environmental effect, [expanded polystyrene's] environmental impacts were second highest, behind aluminum” -California Integrated Waste Management Board
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
- our relatively poor eye-sight?
- our lack of claws or talons?
- our inefficient locomotion (as compared to mammals that move on 4 legs)?
- our long digestive tracks (shorter is better to help avoid putrefaction of flesh in the digestive tract)?
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
- read more than I would ever have a chance to.
- avoid the frustration of dealing with rush hour traffic.
- save money on gas and car repairs.